According to historians, the world’s first candles were created around 500 BC, and it was around this time that scented candles were made. But despite how long candles have been around, it wasn’t until recent years that scented candles have become popular and sought after for household use.
Nowadays, there are thousands of different candle scents that fall into various scent categories. So, choosing the right candles for your home can be difficult – especially with so many scents on the market, like the ones sold by Atacama Home.
That’s why it’s a good idea to learn more about scented candles, like the different types and why they are worth buying, before you begin your foray into the scented candle world. Read on to learn more.
What Are Four Different Types of Scented Candles?
Do you want to buy a scented candle gift scent for a loved one or friend but are unsure which type to purchase? Or are you undecided about which scented candle is best for your home?
Learning more about four of the top scent categories will help you determine which scented candles are worth purchasing for friends, family, or your house, so read below to discover four popular scent categories and what they entail:
- Woody: Those who love warm, rich, earthy scents like tree bark, moss, sand, patchouli, cedarwood, musk, oud, and other nature-esque scents should consider woody-scented candles. This is one of the most popular scented candle categories for those who love natural aromas with a masculine edge. Some of the best woody fragrances have a touch of fruity or floral scents, so keep an eye out for this if you want a spicy and intimate scent floating through your home.
- Floral: Floral candles are an instant buy for many – especially those who love a romantic scent that is rooted in nature. Like woody scents, floral-scented candles are also immensely popular, considering so many flowers can lend their scents to candles. For example, some scented candles that are always added to shopping carts include magnolia, lavender, jasmine, tuberose, and rose-scented candles.
- Fresh: Those who don’t like florals or woodsy scented candles should try fresh-scented candles. These candles often have aquatic, citrusy, grassy green notes that are fresh, energizing, and tantalizing to the nose. Fresh-scented candles are the perfect lifter-upper for those low on energy, and they come in delicious-smelling scents like orange zest, lemon, mandarin, grapefruit, and bergamot.
- Oriental: It might be hard to believe, but there are, in fact, candles that have an exotic and sensual fragrance. Oriental scented candles are highly aromatic and often carry scents of amber, vanilla, sandalwood, musk, and smoky incense. These scented candles usually perform the best at night and can be described as sweet and smoky or spicy and warm.
Why Should You Buy Scented Candles? – Reasons Your Home Needs Them
Now that you know a little more about scented candles and their fragrance profiles, you might want to learn more about why your home needs a few. Have a look below to discover the benefits of scented candles:
1. Scented Candles Provide Fragrances to Your Home
It might seem obvious, but scented candles give your home inviting fragrances. You can use a scented candle to add a pleasant aroma to your home when you’re ready for a relaxing bath, a reading session curled up on the sofa, or just before bed.
In addition, you can also use a strong scented candle to mask any unpleasant odors you don’t like. For example, oriental and floral candles are great at masking unpleasant smells from the kitchen and bathroom.
2. Scented Candles Add Flair to Your Home Decor
Scented candles aren’t boring. Now more than ever, numerous decorative scented candles come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and intriguing textures.
For example, the Scented Candles from Atacama Home come in beautiful neutral, handmade clay vessels that are reusable and infinitely functional around the home.
There are also bright and bold candles and jewel-toned candles in gorgeous settings. If you can think of it, there’s likely a scented candle waiting to make its way into your home and onto a bookshelf, dining room table, bathroom window, or kitchen island.
3. Scented Candles Give Your Brain a Boost
Few people realize that scented candles have brain-boosting qualities. Studies have found that certain scented candles with cinnamon, peppermint, or almond fragrancing can boost productivity and stimulate concentration. If you’re interested in this, you should grab a few and place them in your home office or workspace.