Have you been looking for new jewelry, but you're not sure what to get? If so, you might want to buy amethyst jewelry. Nowadays, many different kinds of amethyst jewelry are sold by reputable companies like Atacama Home.
For example, one of the most beautiful bracelets features amethyst stones in a gold cuff. This type of bracelet is simplistic but eye-catching, and it doesn't hurt that amethysts have many benefits.
If you want to learn more about amethyst jewelry (starting with what this stone is), their benefits, and how easy they are to clean, keep on reading.
What Is Amethyst? Know Your Jewelry
Before looking into the benefits of wearing an amethyst bracelet, it's important to know more about this stone and what it is.
Simply put, amethyst has been a favored semi-precious stone throughout history. For over 2,000 years, the Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians favored this stone because of its rumored physical and spiritual benefits.
This semi-precious stone forms in long, prismatic crystal shapes in the hollows of rocks and geodes. This stone is usually a deeper shade of purple because it forms within volcanic rock, but it can feature lighter shades of purple or a reddish-purple tinge. Some amethyst are even a light lilac.
Notably, amethyst belongs to the quartz family and scores a seven on the Mohs Hardness Scale. This means it's quite a durable rock, which is why it's often set into gold-plated bracelets for men and women.
What Does an Amethyst Bracelet Do?
Amethyst bracelets are rumored to grant their wearers numerous physical and spiritual benefits. Let's take a look at these benefits below:
- Some believe amethyst protects the wearer against negative energies.
- Many have reported that amethyst produces calming properties for soothing dreams and a calmer spirit.
- Some individuals have found amethyst brings clarity and peacefulness to their waking minds.
- Today and in ancient times, many believed amethyst jewelry could purify one's body of toxins and draw out infections.
- Although not commonly believed, some claim amethyst can protect a wearer against drunkenness and prevent inebriation when worn close to the skin.
- Since amethyst is seen as a natural tranquilizer, it is said to dispel feelings of anger and fear, calming rage and anxiety.
- Some believe amethyst has the power to alleviate grief and sadness.
Although no scientific evidence proves these claims, many still believe amethyst is more than a pretty stone, and we agree. Plus, there's no harm in wearing amethyst as you might benefit from it, especially if it's a piece of jewelry that lies close to the skin.
Is a Gold-Plated Amethyst Cuff Bracelet Difficult to Clean?
If you plan on buying a gold-plated amethyst cuff bracelet, you might be curious if it's difficult to clean. After all, no one wants to buy jewelry that is difficult to maintain.
Fortunately, cleaning or polishing a gold-plated amethyst bracelet isn't difficult. The process is simple with the right tools and cleaning solution. Simply wipe down the jewelry with a microfiber cloth or a cotton ball after you wear it to remove smudges and any surface grime.
For more stubborn dirt, you can clean your gold-plated jewelry with a mild soap and warm water, making sure not to scrub too harshly. Being gentle is key! The same can be said for any jewelry with an amethyst stone in it, warm water and mild soap are the way to go!